WHO SHOWED YOU THE LACK?
– God provided herbs, plants and fruits as Adam’s meat, He didn’t lack what to eat.
– God gave him a garden to dress and manage. He was a CEO, he wasn’t idle.
– God put everything He created under him and told him to dominate and be in charge. There was no room for inferiority complex.
– God created the generation of man in him and blessed him to be fruitful and multiply. There was no anticipation for barrenness. He had no challenge with dullness of mind.
– The free movement of animals in the garden was not in any way, a disadvantage. He was well equipped, informed and empowered to maintain his position as the head.
– God gave him woman as a helpmeet, he was not lonely.
– God made Himself available as a Father for guidance. He did not lack help. He was not fatherless.
– The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was there all along but wasn’t considered a “need”
– They were never in ‘want’ of anything until the serpent showed them one. They were satisfied and blessed until they despised their source of contentment.
“………..and he (Satan) said to the woman, can it really be that God has said, you shall not eat from every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, we may eat fruit from the threes of the garden. Except the fruit from the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, you shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die. But the serpent said to the woman, you shall not surely die, for God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing the difference between good and evil and blessing and calamity. And when the woman saw that the tree was good (suitable, pleasant) for food and that it was delightful to look at, and a tree to be desired in order to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she gave some also to her husband, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized that they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made for themselves apronlike girdles…….” Gen 3:1b-7 Amp.
Whatever shifts your attention from God to arouse you interest towards ‘don’ts’ of God is advertising you destiny.
Why do you suddenly think other ladies are better than your wife? Who told you prosperity is impossible without prostitution and corruption? Who showed you the profit that can only come from gambling without showing you the arrow that shall pierce your heart at the end? What opened your eyes to the life of spending it all without paying tithe and giving sacrificially towards kingdom expansion? Who told you that business can’t prosper until you join social cult? Who persuaded you to visit a magician for baby and encouraged you to deceive the church with thanksgiving service and testimony day? Who promised you security where God called “NO GO AREA?”
Who showed you the “LACK”?
Lack is not a property of the kingdom we belong. Whatever God can’t give me, may I never get it anywhere. Whatever you’ve bent on acquiring in spite of God is only to rob you of future glory.
Are you attending to that liar presently, quit the bargain, run for your life. All you need is provided as you love and trust the Lord. No one can be larger than life. Don’t be deceived!.
If you are already in the error, trace your step back to where you fell and cry to the Lord for mercy. There’s restoration in wait. Returning to God means returning to GRACE and GLORY. Godliness with Contentment will give you Great Gains in Him.
– Pst. Feyisara Adisa